Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I 12 Ga Over Under 26" Barrel J686FJ6
No reviews have been written for this product.
The 686 Silver Pigeon I hunting shotgun has all the functional features of our premium over-unders at a particularly attractive price.
At its heart, it has the best-in-class 686 action, which is compact and low-profile while being extremely strong. Besides 12 and gauge, this shotgun is also available with beautifully scaled-down actions for 28 gauge and .410, for a true premium-grade experience. Whether you take it to an upland hunt or to the clay range, the Silver Pigeon I gives you the flawless performance and the classic looks of a Beretta. Featuring classic lines, the most-durable action on the market and the flexibility of the Beretta Mobil-Choke system, the 686 Silver Pigeon I was designed to last through generations of hunters.
The Silver Pigeon I is built on the legendary 686 action, a long-standing favorite among hunters and competitive shooters. It features two conical locking lugs at mid-action, right between the barrels, giving it great locking strength and durability while keeping the action’s profile considerably lower. The advantage is that the eye of the shooter is a lot closer to the plane of his supporting hand: considerably better swing and hand-eye coordination.
The 12- or 20-gauge Silver Pigeon has impressed countless hunters for its efficient dimensions and fast handling. But if you see and bring to your shoulder a Silver Pigeon I in 28 gauge or .410, you will be doubly impressed by the premium feel of the petite actions. These are scaled down to fit the smaller gauges without any extra weight or bulkiness--something that you normally find in shotguns prices several times as much as this.
While not as elaborately decorated as our premium shotguns, the Silver Pigeon I has all the elegance that you can expect from a Beretta. The oil-finished stock sports a beautiful and crisp checkering pattern, and the schnabel fore-end adds to the classic flavor of this over-under. The scroll-engraved receiver is a functional work of art in itself, with its interesting geometry blending perfectly with the stock and contributing to the gun’s graceful lines. This is a shotgun that has all the elements of a treasured heirloom, without the price-tag to match.
- Barrel Length: 26"
- Chamber: 3"
- Choke: MC
- Gauge: 12 Gauge
- Rib: 6x6
1. Interchangeable ChokesThe Silver Pigeon I features the popular Beretta Mobilchoke system, allowing you to easily interchange choke tubes to suit a gamut of types of hunting or shooting.
2. Low Profile ReceiverThe 686 action is renown for its compactness and low profile. Besides adding to the overall elegance of the gun, it enables the shooter's eye to be close to the plane of the supporting hand, making pointing easy and natural.
3. Schnabel Fore-EndThe schnabel fore-end adds a touch of old-world flare to the 686 Silver Pigeon I, guiding the eye even better along its smooth lines (not available for subgauge models).
4. Scroll EngravingThe receiver of the 686 is embellished with traditional designs reminiscent of the British and European gunmaking schools. The geometry of the scrolls is proportioned to match the elegance of the receiver, as well as to complement the overall lines of this perfectly-balanced shotgun.
5. Selected WalnutA shotgun is not only a tool: it is an experience, from the moment its owner takes it out of the box. For this reason, Beretta shotguns such as the 686 Silver Pigeon I Sporting are designed to catch the eye as well as perform flawlessly at the range or in the field.
6. Cold-Hammer Forged BarrelNo matter how great a shotgun's action and how impeccable the balance, the shot must first travel through the barrel in order to make it to the target. So, the more perfect the geometry of the tube, the more consistent and predictable the shot pattern. Beretta's cold-hammer forged barrels are designed and painstakingly manufactured to offer this kind of precision, as well as the durability to match.
7. Tang Safety and Barrel SelectorThe tang safety control is conveniently positioned to be easily operated by the thumb of the shooting hand. It also contains a barrel selector that enables you to choose which barrel to fire first, depending (for instance) on the chokes you have selected for each.